geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Cannot login to Geronimo from console
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:49:57 GMT
I would have thought the cookies were the problem.  Can you try
restarting the Geronimo server and your browser, make sure cookies are
still enabled in the browser after the restart, try the test, and then
if it doesn't work check your browser and make sure it shows that a
cookie was set by Geronimo?  The discrepancy in time zone doesn't
bother me as much since everything that generates output is free to
format the time in whatever time zone it wants but they should all be
using the same actual underlying time...

Incidentally, it should be possible for us to update the admin console
to work without cookies, and you can file a JIRA for that if you like,
but I suspect it won't happen in the short term since it would require
a lot of work.

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 1/18/06, Steinbach, Manfred RD-PN23 <Manfred.Steinbach@heidelberg.com> wrote:
> Cookies were disabled. I enabled them, still the same behaviour.
> Browser and Geronimo are running on the same machine. So they have both the same clock.
But the response has a time stamp in GMT (Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:44:51 GMT) while my system
has a local time, which is one hour plus (Test starts at 15:44:51 local time). Can this be
the problem?

> Manfred Steinbach
> Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG
> Dr.-Hell-Straße
> 24107 Kiel
> Tel +49 (431) 386 3664
> Fax +49 (431) 386 3287
> E-Mail Manfred.Steinbach@heidelberg.com

very different system clock settings?  I'm not sure what would cause the "login timeout exceeded"
message.

> Thanks,
>     Aaron
>
> On 1/18/06, Steinbach, Manfred RD-PN23 <Manfred.Steinbach@heidelberg.com> wrote:
> > Hi Aaron,
> > I tried it on port 8080 and on port 28080. In both cases I get the same behaviour.
By the time I used tcpTrace to figure out what is going on. TcpTrace listens on port 28081
and sends to Geronimo port 28080.

> > Here is the output of tcpTrace:
> > Request:
> > - POST /console/portal/j_security_check HTTP/1.1
> > Host: localhost:28081
> >
> > j_username=system&j_password=manager&submit=Login
> >

> > Response:
> > -
> > HTTP/1.1 408 The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded.
> > If you wish to continue you must either click back twice and re-click
> > the link you requested or close and re-open your browser
> > Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> > Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:44:51 GMT
> > Connection: close

> > report</title><style><!--H1
> > {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
> > D76;font-size:22px;} H2
> > {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
> > D76;font-size:16px;} H3
> > {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
> > D76;font-size:14px;} BODY
> > {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:whit
> > e;} B
> > {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
> > D76;} P
> > {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font
> > -size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color :
- The time
> > allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish to
> > continue you must either click back twice and re-click the link you
> > requested or close and re-open your browser</h1><HR size="1"
> > <u>The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you
> > wish to continue you must either click back twice and re-click the
> > link you requested or close and re-open your
client did not produce a
> > request within the time that the server was prepared to wait (The time
> > allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish to
> > continue you must either click back twice and re-click the link you
> > requested or close and re-open your browser).</u></p><HR size="1"
> > noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/5.5.9</h3></body></html>
> >

> > Kind regards,
> > Manfred

> > Manfred Steinbach
> > Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG
> > Dr.-Hell-Straße
> > 24107 Kiel
> > Tel +49 (431) 386 3664
> > Fax +49 (431) 386 3287
> > E-Mail Manfred.Steinbach@heidelberg.com

or a different URL, perhaps something you've bookmarked?