geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Cannot login to Geronimo from console
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:17:45 GMT
Do you have cookies disabled in your browser?  Or do the client and
server machines have very different system clock settings?  I'm not
sure what would cause the "login timeout exceeded" message.

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 1/18/06, Steinbach, Manfred RD-PN23 <Manfred.Steinbach@heidelberg.com> wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
> I tried it on port 8080 and on port 28080. In both cases I get the same behaviour. By
the time I used tcpTrace to figure out what is going on. TcpTrace listens on port 28081 and
sends to Geronimo port 28080.

> Here is the output of tcpTrace:
> Request:
> POST /console/portal/j_security_check HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost:28081
>
> j_username=system&j_password=manager&submit=Login
>

> Response:
> HTTP/1.1 408 The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish to
continue you must either click back twice and re-click the link you requested or close and
re-open your browser
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:44:51 GMT
> Connection: close

{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;}
H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;}
H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;}
BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;}
P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color
Status 408 - The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish to continue
you must either click back twice and re-click the link you requested or close and re-open
login process has been exceeded. If you wish to continue you must either click back twice
<u>The client did not produce a request within the time that the server was prepared
to wait (The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish to continue
you must either click back twice and re-click the link you requested or close and re-open
your browser).</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/5.5.9</h3></body></html>

> Kind regards,
> Manfred

> Manfred Steinbach
> Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG
> Dr.-Hell-Stra├če
> 24107 Kiel
> Tel +49 (431) 386 3664
> Fax +49 (431) 386 3287
> E-Mail Manfred.Steinbach@heidelberg.com

or a different URL, perhaps something you've bookmarked?