geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo - Tomcat and Valve Development
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2006 01:51:02 GMT
On 1/14/06, Nicholas Irving <nirving@darkedges.com> wrote:
> I am trying to write a simple Interceptor, reads Headers from requests and
> setups info in the Users Session, and I believe a Valve is the way to go and
> since my final app server is going to be Geronimo with TomCat I would like
> to know Where exactly is the best place to discuss Tomcat Valve development
> for Geronimo?

You may want to try doing that in a servlet filter if you can, since
then it would be applicable to any server and you wouldn't need
Geronimo or Tomcat specific settings (you'd just list the filter in
web.xml).  I'm not 100% sure that a filter has access to the headers
and session, but I would certainly assume so.

Aaron