geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: ClassNotFound on WAR deploy and status messages
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:13:23 GMT
I think you may need a small workaround in your Geronimo WAR plan if
you're using Spring.  Try adding a <hidden-classes> element with the
Spring packages:

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0" ...>
   <hidden-classes>org.springframework</hidden-classes>
</web-app>

Someone said that the Spring classes were actually added to the server
classpath at the last minute before 1.0, and that was a mistake
because it means the Spring classes are in a different class loader
than the application classes that Spring tries to load.  The element
above should prevent the web app from seeing the version of Spring in
the server class path.

Thanks,
    Aaron