geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Question on Server Log settings
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:12:08 GMT
I think the intent of the drop-down was to show "logs" not "log files"
(similar to what the web access log viewer does).  So if you had your
Log4j config writing 4 different log files (with different categories
or levels or whatever) then it would show 4 entries.  I don't think we
thought about rolling logs.

Do you guys think it would be better to show all the "rolled over" log
files in the drop-down, or have it so that if you pick "geronimo.log"
it would potentially search all the "rolled over" files as well?  I'd
prefer the latter (short drop-down but search rolled over ones too).
In any case, we should definitely consider adding a feature to search
by date/time.  :)

Thanks,
    Aaron