geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: getting the configID from within a component
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:05:34 GMT
We use a cheesy workaround for this in the remote deployment web app.
There's an empty GBean that we include in the geronimo-web.xml plan
for just this purpose:

<cfg:gbean name="LocatorToken"
class="org.apache.geronimo.deployment.remote.RemoteDeployGBean" />

Then, when we want to identify the configuration, we look up that
GBean by its interface (using kernel.listGBeans(GBeanQuery) and
passing it the interface name of RemoteDeployToken [an empty interface
implemented by that GBean]).  Once we have the token GBean, we use the
configurationmanager (available from the kernel) to look up parents of
that GBean.  One of those parents (perhaps the only one) is the
Configuration object representing the configuration that holds that
GBean.  From there, you can get the configId (the name of the
Configuration).  I can look up where the specific code is that does
this if you need it.

I wouldn't precisely recommend this technique... but it does work.  :)

Aaron