geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo and Kerberos
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 20:20:22 GMT
On 1/5/06, Cristian Roldan <roldancer@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>         Does Geronimo support Kerberos ?
> How can I configure Geronimo to autheticate users using a Windows KDC ?

My understanding is that Geronimo can use Sun's Kerberos LoginModule
to authenticate clients based on who's logged in to the client PC.
I'm not totally sure there aren't security issues with this approach
since the server is essentially trusting the client to report the
correct user, but I believe it has actually been tested and works.  I
think Alan's the one who really worked all this out so I hope he can
chime in.

If you want to try this I can walk you through setting up the security
realm and point you at Sun's documentation for the options that can be
passed to their LoginModule, but I don't have a full understanding of
what all the options should be set to.

Thanks,
    Aaron