geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fixed context parameters
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:21:22 GMT
We don't do anything like that.  For us, servlet context params must
be set in web.xml.

I would be willing to consider allowing them to be overridden in the
geronimo plan for that web app, but I don't think it's a good idea to
have a global override across web apps.  You could try convincing me
otherwise :-)

Another mechanism you might consider is using system  properties.  We
have a gbean that lets you set as many system properties as you want,
and of course they are available to all applications.  There's an
example of this gbean in the rmi-naming plan/configuration.

thanks
david jencks