geronimo-user mailing list archives

From licht...@bway.net
Subject Re: Fwd: Replication using totem protocol
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:00:44 GMT
> Yes...awesome.  Bruce had chatted with me about this too...I am very
> interested.

Thanks.

> Guglielmo, I would be very interested in speaking with you further on
> this.

I am available to speak more about it. If you need my phone number, it's
six one nine, two five five, nine seven eight six.

> This is looks like something we could heavily use.  What's your thoughts?

I think totem is a great protocol. Whether _you_ need it depends on the
application. I originally wrote this code back in 2000, and it took me
this long to find the ideal application for it.

I would like to recommend the following article by Ken Birman (probably
the grandad of process groups):

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=326136

Unfortunately you need to be a member of the acm to read it (I used to be,
but right now I am not.) This article describes his experiences using
ISIS, an early process group library, to build some interesting systems.

Guglielmo