geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: WebServices
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:36:32 GMT

On Jan 25, 2006, at 4:31 AM, Manu George wrote:

> Hi,
>         I have a Webapp deployed in geronimo that calls an external
> webservice.  If  I generate the stubs using wscompile I seem to be
> able to get a handle to the stub by calling
> HelloService myHelloService =(HelloService) ic.lookup("java:comp/
> env/service/HelloService");
> Now I can also generate the Stubs using Axis in which case i get
> some different impl classes , the ServiceLocator and the Stub.
> Can I use these stubs instead? Also the Service Interface axis
> generates seems to have 2 extra methods compared to the interface
> generated by wscompile for the same wsdl file.
> When I bundle these stubs with my webapp Geronimo is not giving me
> the Stub generated by axis with 3 methods and is instead giving me
> a stub with a single method to invoke the service?
> Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Our webservices implementation does not use any supplied stubs, only
the interface classes, wsdl, and jaxrpc mapping file.  We generate
the implementation class that implements the supplied interface
ourselves using cglib.  Beyond this I'm not sure what I can say
without knowing more details of what your are doing.

thanks
david jencks