geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Steinbach, Manfred RD-PN23" <Manfred.Steinb...@heidelberg.com>
Subject RE: Cannot login to Geronimo from console
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:50:54 GMT
Cookies were disabled. I enabled them, still the same behaviour.
Browser and Geronimo are running on the same machine. So they have both the same clock. But
the response has a time stamp in GMT (Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:44:51 GMT) while my system
has a local time, which is one hour plus (Test starts at 15:44:51 local time). Can this be
the problem?

Manfred Steinbach
Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG
Dr.-Hell-Straße
24107 Kiel
Tel +49 (431) 386 3664
Fax +49 (431) 386 3287
E-Mail Manfred.Steinbach@heidelberg.com

-----Original Message-----
From: ammulder@gmail.com [mailto:ammulder@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Aaron Mulder
Sent: Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2006 16:18
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cannot login to Geronimo from console

Do you have cookies disabled in your browser?  Or do the client and server machines have very
different system clock settings?  I'm not sure what would cause the "login timeout exceeded"
message.

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 1/18/06, Steinbach, Manfred RD-PN23 <Manfred.Steinbach@heidelberg.com> wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
> I tried it on port 8080 and on port 28080. In both cases I get the same behaviour. By
the time I used tcpTrace to figure out what is going on. TcpTrace listens on port 28081 and
sends to Geronimo port 28080.

> Here is the output of tcpTrace:
> Request:
> - POST /console/portal/j_security_check HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost:28081
>
> j_username=system&j_password=manager&submit=Login
>

> Response:
> -
> HTTP/1.1 408 The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded.
> If you wish to continue you must either click back twice and re-click
> the link you requested or close and re-open your browser
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:44:51 GMT
> Connection: close

> report</title><style><!--H1
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
> D76;font-size:22px;} H2
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
> D76;font-size:16px;} H3
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
> D76;font-size:14px;} BODY
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:whit
> e;} B
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525
> D76;} P
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font
> -size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color :
time
> allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish to
> continue you must either click back twice and re-click the link you
> requested or close and re-open your browser</h1><HR size="1"

> <u>The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you
> wish to continue you must either click back twice and re-click the
> link you requested or close and re-open your
did not produce a
> request within the time that the server was prepared to wait (The time
> allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish to
> continue you must either click back twice and re-click the link you
> requested or close and re-open your browser).</u></p><HR size="1"
> noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/5.5.9</h3></body></html>
>

> Kind regards,
> Manfred

> Manfred Steinbach
> Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG
> Dr.-Hell-Straße
> 24107 Kiel
> Tel +49 (431) 386 3664
> Fax +49 (431) 386 3287
> E-Mail Manfred.Steinbach@heidelberg.com

or a different URL, perhaps something you've bookmarked?