geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to keep the server process alive on Fedora Linux
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:40:05 GMT

On Jan 23, 2006, at 12:14 AM, Qingtian Wang wrote:

> 512M RAM, and 1G disk swap.
>
> Geronino has been on for 3 days now. The system monitor GUI tool says
> 284M ram is used, and no (zero) swap is used. Hard to see how this
> could suddenly run out of memory. Could a lot of current access to a
> web app cause memory hop?
>
> I only have one very simple web app hosted. And other than Geronimo, I
> don't have much going on with this old PC (Pentium 3, 400MHz).
>
> Puzzled....
>
> Qingtian

Qingtian,
That is one very old pentium... 8-(

I'm not much a Linux sys admin, but let's gather some information...

What is your Linux distribution and version? What version of the
linux kernel are you running? Also, please confirm that you are
running Geronimo Version 1.

While Geronimo is running, run the following commands:

    free -m
    ps aux
    vmstat 1 2

--kevan