geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.rich...@brinformatica.srv.br>
Subject Re: Eclipse Plugin trouble
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:40:10 GMT
Solved with WTP M200601251151 and geronimo/eclipse/unstable/20060127-1410
BUT I needed to delete manually old plugins and features (0.5.0), and
re-start Eclipse with eclipse -clean.

Richter

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter escreveu:

 > Environment:
 >
 > Software:
 > Win2K, JDK 1.5.0_06, Eclipse 3.11, WTP M200601170000, Geronimo Plugin
20060120-1443.

 > Workspace:
 > I'm developing today for Tomcat 5.5.12 distro - so I have Tomcat
5.5.12 configured on Eclipse. There are several projects in workspace
already.

 > Steps to reproduce:
 > I've added geronimo-web.xml into WEB-INF, set SERVER to <none> on
project properties.
 > Right click project, as Run as Server, select Manually Define new
Server, select Apache Geronimo, select previously configured Apache
Geronimo 1.0 runtime, click next, adjust password, on Add/Remove
projects certify that the project is at right place, then finish.

 > I get error "Could not find a client that is able to launch the
selection". Click ok.
 > Click on Apache Geronimo 1.0 at Servers view, and click start.
 > Status goes "starting", and state to "synchornized". Console opens.
 > Several messages about "wainting to start..." and after some minutes
appear the message "Geronimo startup complete". Status stay "starting",
and after some minutes, I get "Timout after 240000s".

 > Then I can delete Apache Geronimo 1.0 and try again, the errors are
always same.
 > Never tryied on a empty Eclipse install. I even tryied to run
"eclipse -clean" to startup, but make no difference.

 > Thanks,
 >
 > Richter
 >

 > Sachin Patel escreveu:
 >
 >> Hi, I forgot to ask you.  Could you provide the exact scenario in
which you saw the problem.  I want to be sure that all areas of WTP  are
covered by this defect.