geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Does Apache Geronimo 1.0 run on iSeries?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:11:23 GMT
I'm reposting this to the user list as it appears to never have been distributed.

Begin Response --->

That would be a question for an IBMer  :)

Geronimo currently does not run on iSeries since its an IBM JDK and Geronimo
isn't certified there.  We're working towards JDK independence soon but
unfortunately 1.0 is not available.

That said, one can run Geronimo on an IBM JDK and on iSeries by making a few
simple changes.  It won't work for applications that need to use IIOP but for
most people that's not a problem.  I've run Geronimo on the JDK with DayTrader
and it runs really well.

So, the answer is its not a certified platform but with an editor and 30 seconds
of time it will work with some slightly reduced function.

Matt