geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.rich...@brinformatica.srv.br>
Subject Re: Eclipse Plugin trouble
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:07:47 GMT
Environment:

Software:
Win2K, JDK 1.5.0_06, Eclipse 3.11, WTP M200601170000, Geronimo Plugin
20060120-1443.

Workspace:
I'm developing today for Tomcat 5.5.12 distro - so I have Tomcat 5.5.12
configured on Eclipse. There are several projects in workspace already.

Steps to reproduce:
I've added geronimo-web.xml into WEB-INF, set SERVER to <none> on
project properties.
Right click project, as Run as Server, select Manually Define new
Server, select Apache Geronimo, select previously configured Apache
Geronimo 1.0 runtime, click next, adjust password, on Add/Remove
projects certify that the project is at right place, then finish.

I get error "Could not find a client that is able to launch the
selection". Click ok.
Click on Apache Geronimo 1.0 at Servers view, and click start.
Status goes "starting", and state to "synchornized". Console opens.
Several messages about "wainting to start..." and after some minutes
appear the message "Geronimo startup complete". Status stay "starting",
and after some minutes, I get "Timout after 240000s".

Then I can delete Apache Geronimo 1.0 and try again, the errors are
always same.
Never tryied on a empty Eclipse install. I even tryied to run "eclipse
-clean" to startup, but make no difference.

Thanks,

Richter