geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.rich...@brinformatica.srv.br>
Subject Re: Problems configuring DB pool 1.0
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 01:19:29 GMT
Ok, still not work. Now, I have no log message explain why didn't work.

I've created a all-in-one JAR with contents from 3 ms jars, but not
worked. I could run all steps to create the pool, and no error message
appear in log. But the pool ins't created.

I'll try jTds 1.1...

Richter

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter escreveu:

> The jTds 1.2 driver didn't worked too. I'll make more investigation.
> In meanwhile, I'm testing a "all-in-one-mssql2000-driver.jar" I
> created myself.
>
> I'll let you know if this worked.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richter
>

> Aaron Mulder escreveu:
>
>> This is mentioned in the following JIRA issue:
>>
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1467
>>
>> It seems like the problem is that the SQL Server drivers need to have
>> a version in the file name.  Such as:
>> repository/mssql/jars/foo-1.0.jar
>>
>> However, you'll probably run into another problem afterward which is
>> that we don't currently let you select more than 1 JAR for the driver.
>> What you'll need to do to work around that is to select one of the
>> JARs and have the console generate a plan for you (without trying to
>> test the connection), then copy the dependency element in the plan for
>> the 2 other JARs and deploy the pool at the command line.
>>
>> If you just want to get up and running quickly you can have Geronimo
>> download the jTDS driver to connect to SQL Server, and use that driver
>> instead.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>    Aaron
>>
>> On 1/21/06, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
>> <edson.richter@brinformatica.srv.br> wrote:
>>

>>> Steps to reproduce
>>>
>>> 1) Give name (jdbc/TestPool)
>>> 2) Select driver (MS SQL Server)