geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.rich...@brinformatica.srv.br>
Subject Tomcat to Geronimo migration
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:47:38 GMT
Hi!

First of all, I must say Apache products are the best. And I'm very
confident that Geronimo came to stay.
But as any very new product, lacks of high avaliability of docs and
tutorials (besides there are two PDFs with lot's of information I must
confess I had not time to read everything).

Well, I had working developing good software with Tomcat (since 3.1
days), and now Tomcat 5.5 has everything a developer could desire from a
product: easy install (just unzip or untar), exactly same config runs on
Windows and Linux, very easy to deploy (just put war on webapps) and
very stable (I have sites running Tomcat as webserver on linux for more
than a year without failures).

One things I love on Tomcat 5.5 is <Realm/> configuration, and the
separation "by context" (every context could have their own
authentication). Works like a charm for database authenticated users. I
have read on somewhere that Geronimo still not have this kind of support
(database auth users). Is this a reality, or this could be already
implemented? I ask this because it's a must have migrate all my apps to
Geronimo.

Best regards, and good work.

Richter