geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: transaction behaviour
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:27:41 GMT
I wouldn't expect that behaviour at all.  I've been using DB2 and haven't seen
that happen.  What leads you to believe that data isn't being persisted at the
end of the transaction?

So, to restate what you said so I understand:

1. Using MySQL it appears that data is persisted correctly.

2. Using the Oracle Driver you see some caching occurring?

Can you provide the plan you are using that describes the database connections?

Ueberbach, Michael wrote:
> hello all,
>
> while testing some ejb-apps on geronimo I encountered a significant difference between
different databases as connection pools.
> Using a local MySQL database all transactions (inserting, updating etc) work well. Changing
to a separate Oracle database the behaviour is different. Creating new Entity Beans will be
done on geronimo but not written to the database until geronimo has been shut down. Im using
a thin oracle jdbc driver and CMP.