geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Alex Andrushchak <us...@dekasoft.com.ua>
Subject Re: customer service deployment
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:16:38 GMT
Thanks Bruce!
I've fixed it already.

But there is another bug in geronimo 1.0
If you omit name attribute in gbean configuration you'll have
NullPointerException on deployment.
Sample plan is:
<configuration
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
    parentId="geronimo/j2ee-system/1.0/car"
    configId="com/dekasoft/logicland/service/SpiderService">

    <dependency>
        <uri>queryphone/queryphone-service/1.0/jar</uri>
    </dependency>

    <gbean class="com.dekasoft.logicland.service.SpiderService">
    </gbean>

</configuration>

Exception is:
11:18:55,031 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.j2eeobjectnames.NameFactory.getComponentName(NameFactory.java:26
3)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.addGBeanData(ServiceConfigBui
lder.java:329)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.addGBeans(ServiceConfigBuilde
r.java:311)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(ServiceCon
figBuilder.java:207)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(ServiceCon
figBuilder.java:167)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9f173be6.i
nvoke(<generated>)

Best regards,
Alex Andrushchak