geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Replication using totem protocol
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:02:46 GMT
The nice thing about it is that there are no ACKS/NACKS so, it's not
very chatty.  The bad thing is that you have to wait for the token to
come your way before you can broadcast; if there are a lot of
participants in the group the latency will be larger that you might like.

http://citeseer.csail.mit.edu/amir95totem.html

Regards,
Alan