geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann <l...@logemann.org>
Subject ClassNotFound on WAR deploy and status messages
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:43:26 GMT
Hi,

i am trying to "port" our application to geronimo. It runs perfectly on
standalone Jetty and Tomcat. With Geronimo i have some strange issues.

First when deploying the WAR file (via admin console), everything seems
to work fine because in the console Geronimo says: "deployed
successfully". But when looking at the console, i got a
ClassNotFoundException for one of my classes. Is this the way it should
work?

Regarding the classloader exception. It marks that it cant load a
freemarker/template/TemplateHashModelEx.class but this class is
definitely shipped with freemarker.jar inside my WEB-INF/lib. BTW i get
this exception so soon, because i am using Spring to bootstrap Beans on
startup.

The very same WAR file deploys without classloader issues on tomcat and
jetty as said before.

My deployment plan is pretty simple too:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app
     xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web"
		xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming"