geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Alex Andrushchak <us...@dekasoft.com.ua>
Subject Re: custom service deployment
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:25:59 GMT
Thanks David!

We've done next step. :-)

Now deployer is trying to deploye service. But:
D:\local\geronimo-1.0>java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy
queryphone-service-plan.xml
Username: system
Password:

    Error: Unable to distribute queryphone-service-plan.xml:
    java.lang.NullPointerException

        null

In geronimo.log there is stack trace for it:
11:18:55,031 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.j2eeobjectnames.NameFactory.getComponentName(NameFactory.java:26
3)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.addGBeanData(ServiceConfigBui
lder.java:329)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.addGBeans(ServiceConfigBuilde
r.java:311)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(ServiceCon
figBuilder.java:207)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(ServiceCon
figBuilder.java:167)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9f173be6.i
nvoke(<generated>)

I think it is because i have not name attribute of gbean i my
deployement plan:
<configuration
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
    parentId="geronimo/j2ee-system/1.0/car"
    configId="com/dekasoft/logicland/service/SpiderService">

    <dependency>
        <uri>queryphone/queryphone-service/1.0/jar</uri>
    </dependency>

    <gbean class="com.dekasoft.logicland.service.SpiderService">
    </gbean>

</configuration>

This attribute is not required by xsd schema.
It mean that we have bug in xsd schema or in server.