geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Peter Berntsen <no_s...@translucent.dk>
Subject Failure in JMX Connector service
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:24:03 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm attempting to run Geronimo on a virtual server with Debian Linux
installed which has been assigned a certain IP address.

When starting Geronimo through java -jar server.jar, I get a lot of
errors relating to JMX.

It all starts like this (note that I have replaced the IP address in the
error message with *.*.*.227 as to not expose a public IP):

11:07:06,699 WARN
[0/car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JMXService] Failure in
JMXConnector service:jmx:rmi://localhost/jndi/rmi:/JMXConnector
11:07:06,701 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state:
objectName="geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=geronimo/j2ee-security/1.0/car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JMXService"
java.io.IOException: Cannot bind to URL [rmi:/JMXConnector]:
javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating connection to:
*.*.*.227; nested exception is:
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host]
<

The interesting thing here is that while the IP address this virtual
server has been assigned ends with *.*.*.235, the JMX service is trying
to connect to the IP *.*.*.227.

I assume the *.*.*.227 address to be the IP of the server hardware (the
only explanation I can come up with :-), but I haven't been able to
confirm this assumption yet.

But my question is really (besides metioning the problem here in case
other people experience it) how I force the JMX service to run with the
IP *.*.*.235 instead of *.*.*.227?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Thomas