geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ranjan, Rakesh \(Cognizant\)" <Rakesh.Ran...@cognizant.com>
Subject RE: Setting Up a JDBC Connection Pool Using the Geronimo database pool wizard
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:07:59 GMT

Can you elaborate your problem? The database pool wizard is working
correctly. So I think there may be some problem with database
connection.

Rakesh Ranjan

________________________________

From: Simon Ndinga [mailto:Simon.Ndinga@vcontractor.co.za]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 1:27 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Setting Up a JDBC Connection Pool Using the Geronimo database
pool wizard

Hi All,
Can anyone help,am trying to setup a DB connection pull using the db
pool wizard. After inserting the name of Database Pool and selecting the
database Type, I click Next and then an empty page appears and when I
look on the Geronimo console, the following error appears:

09:51:16,405 ERROR [ManagerBase] IOException while loading persisted
sessions: j
ava.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
java.io.NotSerializableException:

org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.ImportStatus$PoolProg
ress
:
org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.ImportStatus$PoolProg
ress
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1278)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readArray(ObjectInputStream.java:1603)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1271)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:18
45)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1769)

        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1
646)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1274)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:324)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObject(StandardSessio
n.java:1371)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObjectData(StandardSe
ssion.java:903)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.doLoad(StandardManager.ja
va:393)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.load(StandardManager.java
:320)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.start(StandardManager.jav
a:634)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.setManager(ContainerBase.java:
431)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.managerConfig(ContextConfig
.java:391)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:10
42)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfi
g.java:255)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:119)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4
053)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.access$101(Geronim
oStandardContext.java:64)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.
invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:267)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.TransactionContextValve.invoke(Trans
actionContextValve.java:53)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.ComponentContextValve.invoke(Compone
ntContextValve.java:47)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.InstanceContextValve.invoke(Instance
ContextValve.java:60)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.start(GeronimoStan
dardContext.java:187)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase
.java:759)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:73
9)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)

        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(TomcatContainer
.java:287)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b07
3.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethod
Invoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
n.java:118)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.
java:800)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:5
7)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperat
ionInvoker.java:36)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(Pro
xyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$d5fdc94.
addContext(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doStart(TomcatWebAppCo
ntext.java:407)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanI
nstance.java:936)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart
(GBeanInstanceState.java:325)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInsta
nceState.java:110)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.j
ava:520)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanSingleReference.attemptFullSta
rt(GBeanSingleReference.java:154)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanSingleReference.targetAdded(GB
eanSingleReference.java:127)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.AbstractGBeanReference.addTarget(Ab
stractGBeanReference.java:242)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanSingleReference$1.running(GBea
nSingleReference.java:163)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.fireRunningEve
nt(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:155)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.access$300(Bas
icLifecycleMonitor.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor$RawLifecycleBr
oadcaster.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:231)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart
(GBeanInstanceState.java:350)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInsta
nceState.java:110)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(G
BeanInstanceState.java:132)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanI
nstance.java:537)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(Basi
cKernel.java:208)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.startRecursiveGBeans(
Configuration.java:315)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration$$FastClassByCGLIB$$7f
4b4a9b.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethod
Invoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
n.java:118)

"I am a dreamer - I do not wait for my dreams to come to me,
 I chase them! or should I say - I do not wait for things to
 happen - I make them happen!"

"This e-mail is sent on the Terms and Conditions that can be accessed by
Clicking on this link http://www.vodacom.net/legal/email.aspx
<http://www.vodacom.net/legal/email.asp>  "

all copies of the original message.
prohibited and may be unlawful.