geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting Up a JDBC Connection Pool Using the Geronimo database pool wizard
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:18:24 GMT
Have you placed any jar files into your repository directory that don't
follow the "driver-version.jar" naming convention?  I get the same
NullPointerException as you when I do that (but not the serialization
exception, strange...)

10:16:26,277 ERROR [DatabasePoolPortlet] Unable to render portlet
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.DatabasePoolPortlet.loadDriverJARList
(DatabasePoolPortlet.java:750)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.DatabasePoolPortlet.renderBasicParams
(DatabasePoolPortlet.java:721)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.DatabasePoolPortlet.doView
(DatabasePoolPortlet.java:625)
        [...]

Renaming my jar file to "mydriver-1.0.jar fixed the problem.

Best wishes,
Paul