geronimo-user mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject Re: jetty transport-guarantee behavior?
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:37:39 GMT
Hi David,

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 03:35:52PM -0800, David Jencks wrote:
> On the other hand I couldn't convince myself that the spec required
> a redirect.

I agree - sending a 403 appears to be spec-compliant.  Sending a
redirect also appears to meet the spec and is way more user- and
developer-friendly, though.  At the moment I've got a filter that
builds an HTTPS URL and redirects the request but this requires
turning the transport guarantee off, so that the filter can do its
job.  It's a workaround but an auto-redirect from Jetty would be
great.

>  Maybe a greg or another jetty expert can explain how it is supposed
> to work?

That would be cool.

Thanks,
Toby