geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Steve Whitlatch <swhit...@getnet.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo, first experiences, compile, install, run
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:29:31 GMT
My thanks to Erik Daughtrey and Christopher Chan for the responses.

I got a succefful compile using jdk 1.4.

The other problem I was having logging into the administration console
application (HTTP Status 408) I solved by allowing cookies in FireFox.

Minor suggestions:

1) In the BUILDING.txt file included in the geronimo source tar ball, include
a statement as to what JDK is needed, what version, etc.

2) In Geronimo's administration console application, adjust its behavior so
that rather than dispalying an HTTP Status 408 error message, it displays a
message stating that for the application to work properly cookies must be
enabled (that is, if that is actually the case).

Thank you very much to all the developers who made Geronimo-1. It's great.

Steve Whitlatch