geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Cristian Roldan <>
Subject Re: Web Console authentication realm
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:57:02 GMT
Hi Aaron,
       Yes, I mean the user/password when you execute the deploy.bat
  I will try to execute these steps.

Aaron Mulder <> escribió:
  Do you mean, when the deploy tool prompts you for a username and
password to connect to the server, what security realm is that? It's
called geronimo-properties-realm and it reads the users and groups
from var/security/ and var/security/

I think you could change this to use a different realm like this:
0) Deploy your LDAP realm
1) add an entry to config.xml for the JMXService GBean in the
geronimo/j2ee-security/1.0/car configuration
2) For that GBean, set the property applicationConfigName to MyJMX or
something other than the default value of "JMX"
3) Add a new GBean to that Geronimo configuration mapping the MyJMX
JAAS configuration to your LDAP realm name like this:

That last step is the trick -- I'm not 100% sure how to add GBeans to
existing configurations by hand, but I believe it can be done in
config.xml (though, looking at the schema, I don't see how). Dain or
David J, any insight?

On 1/9/06, Cristian Roldan wrote:
> Any idea ?
> Cristian Roldan escribió:
> Hi All,
> I could change the Web Console's authentication realm to use a ldap
> realm, i'm using the Geronimo's ldap (1389) , every thing works ok. But I
> saw that de deploy.bat script is using another realm, could someone tell me
> which security realm is using the deploy.bat script and the configuration
> associated with it ?

 1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
 Abrí tu cuenta aquí
View raw message