geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Michael Allman <...@allman.ms>
Subject Re: deploying a resource adapter (fwd)
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 04:12:28 GMT
On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2006, at 7:38 PM, Michael Allman wrote:
>
>> I'm developing said resource adapter, and when I rebuild it I would like to
>> redeploy it once and have all the connection factories use the new archive.
>>
>> I've tried doing this with configurations that reference the configId of
>> the resource adapter as the parentId.  I only get a cryptic error message
>> from the deployer.
>
> that ought to work, I've done it with a chain of about 6 resource adapters
> that share classes.  However I think option 1 will be by far the most
> convenient for you.

Option 1 is not really a workable option for me because the connection
definitions support unrelated applications.  I want to keep them in
separate files in separate projects.

I'm attaching a couple of deployment plans.  The resource adapter I'm
deploying is for Sleepycat Software's Berkeley DB XML and can be found at
http://berkeley-dbxml-adapter.dev.java.net/.

The file "dbxml-ra.xml" is supposed to be the "minimal configuration" plan
I deploy with the resource adapter archive itself.  The file
"dbxmltest-env1.xml" is one of the connection definition configurations.
It is my intention that it reference the resource adapter instance
deployed with the "dbxml-ra.xml" plan.  So I do

java -jar bin/deployer.jar berkeley-dbxml.rar dbxml-ra.xml

and that works.  Then I do

java -jar bin/deployer.jar dbxmltest-env1.xml

and that fails with

Error: Unable to distribute dbxmltest-env1.xml: Cannot deploy the
     requested application module
     (planFile=dbxmltest-env1.xml)

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.