Jetty and tomcat tarballs look good so far on redhat.  One quirky behavior I noticed (but not a showstopper AFAICT) is that if the directory that you start the server from is not writable then you get an error message saying that velocity.log can't be created.  I updated GERONIMO-1370 with the appropriate info.