geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reference to TransactionManager
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 06:10:56 GMT
If I understand correctly your java code is in a j2ee application
rather than a gbean?  If your code is in or called by a gbean you
should use the technique Guglielmo mentions.  If your code is in a j2ee
application you have to work harder, and you have to find or know the
gbean name of the transaction manager.

static final ObjectName TM_NAME = new
ObjectName("geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=geronimo/
j2ee-server/1.0-SNAPSHOT/
car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=TransactionManager,name=TransactionMana
ger");

Kernel kernel = KernelRegistry.getSingleKernel();
TransactionManager tm = kernel.getProxyManager().createProxy(TM_NAME,
TransactionManager.class);

I just wrote this code right here in this email so it is probably full
of typos and bugs but it shows the technique to use.  If you want to
allow the transaction manager to be found even it it is in a different
module you can use a object name pattern, list the names satisfying it
and pick one.

thanks
david jencks