geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ueberbach, Michael" <michael.ueberb...@dbh.de>
Subject Lookup for Datasource
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:11:09 GMT
hello,

I'm using geronimo M5 and have a question about the deploying of an EJB application.
I already delpoyed a J2EE connector as a global connection to an existing Mysql database.
Also I deloyed a simple stateless session bean that may be part of a greater EJB application.
This session bean should retrieve data from the database directly (JDBC for reading).
I managed to do this while making a lookup to the datasource the following way:

(...)
DataSource ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/MysqlDataSource");
(...)

Here "MysqlDataSource" is the name of the connection defined in the deployment plan for the
above mentioned
connector:

(...)
<connectiondefinition-instance>
    <name>MysqlDataSource</name>
(-...)

Now I would like to replace the name of the connection by a logical name, let's say this way:

(...)
DataSource ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/DataSource");
(...)

Therefore a link between the alias "jdbc/DataSource" and the connection "MysqlDataSource"
has to be
established elswhere.

I found an example of such a link in the following deployment plan

<web-app
        xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty"
        xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming"
        configId="PhoneBookWeb"
        parentId="MysqlDatabase"

    <naming:resource-ref>
        <naming:ref-name>jdbc/DataSource</naming:ref-name>
        <naming:resource-link>MysqlDataSource</naming:resource-link>
    </naming:resource-ref>
</web-app>

But this is the plan for a web application and I want to deploy a simple EJB application.
The
neccessary openejb-jar.xml does not allow such a link.
So where to put it?

Thanks a lot
Michael