geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse 3.1.1 plugin problems
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:50:29 GMT
The editors are being rewritten properly to move to a EMF based
editors.  I recently started this, so most likely the editors are
broken.

The XML Source view and the design view are not synchronized.  The
design view always shows the in-memory view of the model, and the
source view shows the serialized version of the model.  Modifying the
XMLSource view does not reflect the model, unless the model is
completley reloaded by closing and reopening the editors.  Having a
synchronized source view is possible, but will be a very challenging
task I have not yet looked into tackling.  Any code donations for
this functionality will be greatly appreciated.

As far as the deploy error, Geronimo M5 is not supported.  The
plugins package the 1.0 deployment jars, and there will be no
backward compatibility support to M5.  The Geronimo Eclipse plugin
will only support every released version of the Geronimo, but not
milestone drivers.

- sachin