geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rajiv M <rmadasser...@gmail.com>
Subject Leading white space in uri causing error while deploy
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:02:32 GMT
hello,

This is an extract of datasource deployment plan which gave me an error as
"invalid URI specified at index..." when I tried to deploy the datasource:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector "
  version="1.5"
  configId="MysqlDatabase"
  parentId="org/apache/geronimo/Server">

<dependency>
  <uri>
    mysql/jars/mysql-connector-java-3.1.8-bin.jar
  </uri>
</dependency>
After checking for a while I found that the <uri> tag had white space
characters before the actual value. On trimming these white spaces, the
datasource deployed successfully.

Why was not the white space characters ignored when the deployer processed
the plan?

Thanks,
Rajiv