geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: javamail issue
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:27:38 GMT
If you're planning to use Geronimo's JavaMail features, you should be
on a very current version (built from source or the 1.0 release
candidate).  Then you want to add a line like this to your Geronimo
deployment plan:

<import>geronimo/javamail/1.0/car</import>

That way, you should be sure to get our JavaMail code on the classpath
of your application.  The JavaMail configuration is not started by
default, though it should be started when you deploy an application
that depends on it.  If you want to start it by hand, you can always
use

java -jar bin/deployer.jar start geronimo/javamail/1.0/car

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 12/14/05, Arun Venugopal <Arun.Venugopal@cognizant.com> wrote:
>            Hi,
>
>  I have this piece of code that uses javamail .  This code works fine when i try it as
a standalone java application (ie when i put it in java file, compile it and run it). But
when i put this code in an war (and call it from a servlet) and then deploy the war in geronimo,
it does not work. I am pretty sure that this code is being called as any System.out.println
that i give in between the code gets displayed in the console. Also i tried out the same code
in JBoss and it seems to work there also.

>  I have seen many discussions in the dev list regarding the JavaMail implementation.
But i think all that is with regards to creating a new API for geronimo in the lines of the
mail API's present in JBoss. And that since i am using plain java mail it should work irrespective
of the application server.

>  Can any one give me any pointers on why i am having this issue in geronimo and if i
can solve it ...

>  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>          //substitute your mail address here
>          String from = "a@b.c";
>          String to = "a@b.c";
>          //substitute the host name or ip of your smtp server here
>          String host = "1.2.3.4";
>          Properties props = new Properties();
>          props.put("mail.smtp.host", host);
>          props.put("mail.debug", "true");
>          Session session = Session.getInstance(props);
>          try {
>
>              Message msg = new MimeMessage(session);
>              msg.setFrom(new InternetAddress(from));
>              InternetAddress[] address = {new InternetAddress(to)};
>              msg.setRecipients(Message.RecipientType.TO, address);
>              msg.setSubject("Test E-Mail through Java");
>              msg.setContent(msg, "text/plain");
>              msg.setSentDate(new Date());
>              msg.setText("Test Message");
>              Transport.send(msg);

>  Thanks in advance
>
>  Regards
>  Arun
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
>  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
>  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying
of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly