geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Using Geronimo shared library in Websphere way
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 02:10:30 GMT
There are generally two choices:

1) parentId and/or import, which add another application module or
configuration as a parent of the current one.  Between the two of
those, you can add any number of "parents".

2) dependency, which adds third-party libraries (outside any
application module or configuration) to the class path of the current
module.

There is no way other than parent/import for one application to access
the WEB-INF/classes of another (though you could presumably put all
the contents of that in a JAR and access it via a dependency).  If I
understand your situation correctly, I think for you the one child
could just use many import elements to bring in all the parents it
needs.

Thanks,
    Aaron