geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reference to TransactionManager
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 18:07:53 GMT

On Dec 8, 2005, at 9:19 AM, Guglielmo.Lichtner@instinet.com wrote:

> That's good to know.
>
> Although, given that the substance of this method also boils to a lot
> of text, it really does not change the coupling to the deployment
> details of the transaction,
> nor does it mean that a broken dependency will be detected at
> compilation time.
>
> Therefore I think putting all the text in the gbean's plan is better
> because at least there it's in good company.

I completely agree, but at this time there is no way to do that for a
j2ee component.  We have not yet figured out a way to provide easy
access to a gbean from a j2ee component.  One possibility would be a
new jndi namespace.

> I think gbeans achieve modularity and low coupling, but I think they
> do easy at the expense of ease of use.
> Perhaps by using two separate apis it might be possible to do both?

I'm not sure what you mean.  Could you explain in more detail?

thanks
david jencks