geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 1.0 Status - Release Candidate 20051219 Available for Review
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:15:28 GMT
Nice job with all this matt.  It cant be easy.

inline...

On Dec 19, 2005, at 3:29 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> That said, as release manager I am officially declaring the release
> closed barring TCK failures or any other serious issues.  Serious
> in my mind means corrupted data or intolerable outcomes.

How much time do you want to have people play with it?  Given the
rush for the marketing deadline is passed, how about voting for a
"RC" that sits for a week for people to play with?  We could even get
some notice out there on TSS et al to let people find the whoppers if
there are any left.

> That said, the new build is available at http://people.apache.org/
> ~hogstrom/geronimo-1.0  and the file names are:
>
> geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.0-20051219.zip
> geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.0-20051219.tar.gz
> geronimo-jetty-tomcat-1.0-20051219.zip
> geronimo-jetty-tomcat-1.0-20051219.tar.gz

What's the idea behind this naming scheme for the zips/tgzs?

geir

geirm@apache.org