geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where does output from bean code to System.err go?
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 05:31:45 GMT
In Geronimo 1.0 some new startup scripts have been provided that are
very similar in operation to Tomcat's startup scripts.  There are two
ways Geronimo can be started that result in output being redirected to a
file:

1. geronimo.sh start
2. startup.sh (this script invokes geronimo.sh with the start option.

The geronimo.sh start command issues a command along the lines of:

    java -jar bin/server.jar --long  >> var/log/geronimo.out 2>&1 &

Run the geronimo.sh script without any arguments for help (and other
ways of starting geronimo, e.g. in the foreground or under a debugger).

John