geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Schmidt <schmidt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web Services Question
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 11:15:03 GMT
Hi Manu,

As long as your WS is JAX-RPC conformant you can deploy either type -
document or rpc-style Web services.

As for the differences between both, there is a long list... Basically
document-style is far more coarse grained and
business/document-oriented, also I think this is the future of WS.
Document-style WS can be used in synchronous and asynchronous scenarios
as opposed to rpc which only supports synchronous invocations. RPC-style
is really what the name says - invoking remote procedures. Many
developers find this style easier to understand.

I find this article quite comprehensive:

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/xml/jaxrpcpatterns/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stefan Schmidt