geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jason Lenhart <jplenh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Building from Source and no deployer.jar
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:36:03 GMT
Hi Sachin,

I have done the following:

$ svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk
geronimo

$ cd geronimo

$ maven m:fresh-checkout

$ maven new

(had several cups of tea ;-) and I ended up getting
the following:

/Users/jasonlenhart/Development/Downloads/maven-1.0.2/bin/maven:
line 162:  1203 Bus error               "$JAVACMD"
$MAVEN_OPTS
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
"-Djava.endorsed.dirs=${MAVEN_ENDORSED}" -classpath
"${MAVEN_HOME}/lib/forehead-${FOREHEAD_VERSION}.jar"
"-Dforehead.conf.file=${MAVEN_HOME}/bin/forehead.conf"
"-Dtools.jar=$TOOLS_JAR" "-Dmaven.home=${MAVEN_HOME}"
$MAIN_CLASS "$@"

Look around to see if anyone has had this problem and
could not find anything.  Looks like I may need a
parameter passed in or something.  Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

--- Sachin Patel <sppatel2@gmail.com> wrote:

> How command did you invoke to build?
>
> The build commands changed as well, so it could be a
> problem with the
> old build command.
>
> Clean out your maven cache (.maven/cache) and then
> from the root of
> the source tree invoke "maven new".
>
> Sachin
>
> On Dec 16, 2005, at 8:46 AM, Jason Lenhart wrote:
>
> > Hi Sachin and thank you for your reply,
> >
> > I saw the geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
> file
> > under my
> ~/.maven/repository/geronimo/distributions
> >
> > However when I unpack ... I do not see the
> > deployer.jar in the bin directory ... is there
> > something in addition to the typical rebuild-all
> that
> > I need to do so that I can get my hands on that
> jar?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> >
> > Jason
> >
> > --- Sachin Patel <sppatel2@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Jason,
> >>
> >> The instructions need to be updated.  We now
> produce
> >> 2 distributions
> >> with different web containers, Jetty and Tomcat.
> >>
> >> After building the source, the distributions will
> be
> >> located in
> >>
> >> ~/.maven/repository/geronimo/distributions

> something

> >> wiki

> the

${maven.repo.local}/geronimo/jars/geronimo-assembly-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

~/.maven/repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-assembly-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar