geronimo-user mailing list archives

From <tbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: JNDI remote authentication problem
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:14:02 GMT
> What really helped is correcting
> modules/assembly/maven.xml file and

I've done two fresh checkouts in the last few hours,
and NO modules/assembly directory comes with the
checkout. Am I doing something wrong?

Here's the command I use:
svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk
geronimo

Tyler

--- "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakharov@intel.com>

http://cvs.codehaus.org/viewrep/openejb/openejb/modules/core/src/java/or
> g/openejb/client/Client.java?r=1.5
>
> Previously the problem occured at line 171 (see
> code, the exceptions are
> wrapped badly there):
>
> javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Cannot
> deternmine server protocol
> version: Received null/0.0; nested exception is:
> 	java.io.IOException: Unable to read protocol
> version.  Reached
> the end of the stream.
> 	at

org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(JNDIContext.java:196)
> 	at

org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(JNDIContext.java:181)
> 	at

javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at

javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
> 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown
> Source)
>
> And after the fix to maven.xml and rebuilding
> Geronimo another error
> occurs a bit later, at line 192:
>
> javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Cannot read
> the response from the
> server (OEJP/2.0) : null; nested exception is:
> 	java.io.EOFException
> 	at

org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(JNDIContext.java:196)
> 	at

org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(JNDIContext.java:181)
> 	at

javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at

javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
> 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown
> Source)
>
> Previous problem was clearly a configuration issue,
> that was at last
> resolved, but I have completely no idea on what to
> do with this new
> problem. :(
>
> Can it be that Geronimo/OpenEJB does not accept
> remote JNDI connections
> at all??
>
> With best regards,
>    Vasily Zakharov, Intel Managed Runtime Division

name="logOnSuccess">HOST,NAME,THREADID,USERID</attribute>
>         <attribute
> name="logOnFailure">HOST,NAME</attribute>
>         <reference

>         <reference

name="Server"><gbean-name>openejb:type=Server,name=EJB</gbean-name></ref

=== message truncated ===