geronimo-user mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject Re: list-targets command
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 20:12:20 GMT
On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 02:24:48PM -0500, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> You could in theory have multiple config-stores, for example one
> read-only containing some core modules that are never supposed to
> change and one read-write for new deployments.  However we haven't
> tested that adequately and I'm not convinced it would really work
> properly right now.  I believe we do intend to make this work
> eventually, I just don't think it's on the very short-term horizon.

This could be very useful in my application.  Currently I've got
geronimo running from a read-only partition which works great since
the runtime configuration never changes, but it would be great to be
able to put a configuration store in /var and deploy new applications
there.

How can I help?  Given some pointers as to what's there (and maybe
what's not) I'd be willing to poke around and see what works and what
doesn't.

Thanks,
Toby