geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Nicholas Irving" <>
Subject RE: Geronimo build process
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2005 22:42:32 GMT
Merry Christmas (well down under it is)

Yes the documentation can be a little confusing.

Here is the way I am building (assuming you have all the preq tools, Maven,
subversion, cvs)

I have a file in my user root E:\Documents and
Settings\NIrving\ as follows

That file may not be necessary, but I have it due to unresolved dependencies
not being at I also have an environmental variable MAVEN_OPTS
with the following value, which seems to resolve some memory issues I was
having. This setting is for a machine with 1gig of ram.

-XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Xmx640m

This is because some of the jars required do not appear to be in ibiblio.

svn checkout geronimo
cd geronimo
svn update
maven -o m:fresh-checkout
maven new

if you get an error like
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Authenticator

Then take a look @ which
mentions that you have to delete the org.apache.geronimo.specs directory
from your maven local repository.

Have to rush off to Christmas breakfast, so I hope this helps out.