David,

Thanks for the reply,

My geronimo.log file has the following line for the admin object; thus is appears to be running:

13:47:58,152 DEBUG [GBeanInstanceState] GBeanInstanceState for: geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=MyApp/Configuration,j2eeType=JCAAdminObject,name=AdminObjectToBeStoredInJNDI State changed from starting to running

There is nothing in the geronimo log, but when I attempt to access the object, this is what I get:

javax.naming.NamingException: could not look up : env/eis/ReferenceString
        at org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.ReadOnlyContext.lookup(ReadOnlyContex
t.java:222)
        at org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.RootContext.lookup (RootContext.java:5
1)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:361)

Thanks again,
RIchard