I have thought some more about this issue and I want to propose something.

The distribution has the following main directories, size shown in kilobytes:

bin 32
config-store 30124
doc 224
doc/plan 220
lib 3544
lib/endorsed 1084
lib/ext 4
repository 43596
schema 624
var 2896
var/catalina 108
var/config 64
var/derby 1740
var/ldap 4
var/log 916
var/security 24
var/txlog 36

On a linux box with several developers, it appears to me from playing with Geronimo that each developer
only needs these:

config-store 30124
var 2896
var/catalina 108
var/config 64
var/derby 1740
var/ldap 4
var/log 916
var/security 24
var/txlog 36

The rest could be stored in one place, e.g. /usr/local/geronimo.

For this to work you could set a property, e.g.

-Dgeronimo.base=~/dev/geronimo_instance

And as a default for geronimo.base you can use bin/..

Your thoughts on this?

David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>

11/24/2005 11:28 AM
Please respond to user