We have a whole list of classes whose static initialization needs to happen in
a specific order. If a thread tries to use any one of them before the class initialization
is completed, it can cause deadlocks, which will stop the application from starting.

I don't code like this myself, but I inherited this, and my focus here is to get this deployed
on Geronimo the fastest way possible. It's about money.

I was thinking that your kernel already has a concept of dependencies, and it does have
to figure out the graph of gbeans so that if A references B that start() is called on B before
it's called on A.

So maybe I can create two gbeans: one is the one that does the initialization (B), and the other
is just empty and references it (A) and is part of the j2ee app configuration? Then B should
get initialized before A?

Guglielmo

David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>

11/23/2005 12:05 PM