Hello, all.

I'm trying to run an application that should access the beans (deployed in a Geronimo server running on other machine) with a JNDI request.

However, I get the following exception immediately at "new InitialContext()" statement:

javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Cannot deternmine server protocol version: Received null/0.0; nested exception is:

        java.io.IOException: Unable to read protocol version.  Reached the end of the stream.

The Geronimo console states the following at that moment:

15:31:20,132 ERROR [EJB] Host <app-host> is not authorized to access this service.

java.lang.SecurityException: Host <app-host> is not authorized to access this service.

        at org.activeio.xnet.hba.ServiceAccessController.checkHostsAuthorization(ServiceAccessController.java:78)

        at org.activeio.xnet.hba.ServiceAccessController.service(ServiceAccessController.java:51)

        at org.activeio.xnet.ServiceLogger.service(ServiceLogger.java:74)

        at org.activeio.xnet.ServiceDaemon$SocketListener.run(ServiceDaemon.java:151)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

(here <app-host> replaces the IP address of the machine where I run my application)

I'm using a default installation of Geronimo 1.0 M5, and Windows XP SP2 and Sun's JRE 1.4.2_08 on both machines.

The client application's system properties include:

java.naming.factory.initial=org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory

java.naming.provider.url=<geronimo-host>:4201

java.naming.security.principal=system

java.naming.security.credentials=manager

(here <geronimo-host> replaces the name of the machine where Geronimo is running and principal/credentials are the same I use to login to Geronimo console)

Also, I've put a local copy of openejb-core-2.0-G1M5.jar to the application's classpath for context factory to be found.

Could somebody please point me at what I'm doing wrong and how can I tune Geronimo to accept JNDI connections from the remote machine?

Thanks in advance,

   Vasily Zakharov, Intel Managed Runtime Division