It is strange somehow: the .ear file is build with Apache ANT running a 1.5 JVM but all compiler options are set so strict 1.4 compatibility,
WASCE/Geronimo itself runs on 1.4.2_07 and produces this error regardless of the compat switches of the compiler. When building the
.ear with 1.4 too, it worked!

thank you.

hans

Matt Hogstrom schrieb:
Hello Hans,

Here is a link to the Sun website that I think describes your problem: http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=667600&tstart=120

As you suspected.  It looks to be JDK 1.5 related.

Cheers,

Matt

Hans Prueller wrote:
Hi toghether,

when I try to deploy my first self-built test.ear project within Geronimo / WASCE I get the
following error message:

java -jar .\bin\deployer.jar --user system --password manager deplo
y test.ear test-plan.xml
   Error: Unable to distribute test.ear: Error thrown during invocation

       test/interfaces/Business (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

Can anybody give me a tip? The .ear file was built by using a jvm1.5 but with
strict 1.4 compliance. could that be a problem?

regards,
Hans

--

*****