Check your Eclipse log. There should be a null pointer exception thrown somewhere.

I had this problem a while ago, but have not checked if I still have it.

From: Brad Messerle [mailto:bradmesserle@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 3 November 2005 3:14 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Eclipse 3.1.1 Webtools 1.0M8 Linux Creating an EAR Application Project.

Ok I have a server runtime defined in the preferences.. And yes i can create a Dynamic Web Project and in the drop down the Apache Geronimo Server is in the list.

So I guess there is a bug in the Geronimo plug in? or an issue with the web tools? Does it work for you? If so what versions are u running?

Thanks
Brad Messerle

Hi Brad,

If you go to preferences-->Server-->Installed Runtimes, is Apache
Geronimo listed? If not then the drop down will be empy until you define
a new server runtime by clicking New.

If you do have the runtime defined (defining a runtime is different from
different from defining a server), then can you try any of the other
project creation wizards (Dynamic Web Project for example) to see if the
runtime appears as a choice in that wizard?

Also WTP M8 was built requires Eclipse 3.1.0 not 3.1.1, so this may have
something to do with it.

Thanks.

--
Sachin